Can't find Active Directory Schema Manager snap-in
glen
2003-08-07 20:30:57 UTC
This snap-in isn't listed under Available Standalone snap-
ins. Any ideas?
Tim Hines [MSFT]
2003-08-07 20:51:28 UTC
Register schmmgmt.dll by running "regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll."
--
Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services

from your issue.
ins. Any ideas?
glen
2003-08-08 12:03:36 UTC
Thanks Tim, That worked. Why does that happen? In my
production domain I didn't have to do that, but in the
test domain I just created I did... Thanks for the help! -
Glen
Register schmmgmt.dll by running "regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll."
--
Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services
from your issue.
confers no rights.
Post by glen
This snap-in isn't listed under Available Standalone
snap-
Post by glen
ins. Any ideas?
.
Robbie Allen
2003-08-08 12:46:09 UTC
You have to do that on every server that you want to run the Schema Manager
from. Perhaps someone else did it already on your production servers?

Robbie Allen
http://www.rallenhome.com/
2003-08-13 03:31:31 UTC
Installing the Admin Tools Pack will also cause the Schema Manager snapin
be registered.
What does the tool pack contain that isn't contained in Administrative
Tools? Does installing the tool pack install anything over what is already
contained and configured in Administrative Tools? Not knowing what it
contained I was afraid to install it on my server today because it occurred
to me that I might just obliterate everything I've been toiling away on.

Frank
--
Jeff Jones [MS]
Active Directory Administration Tools Development
2003-08-13 15:45:03 UTC
The Admin Tools Pack installs the admin tools only. None of the services you
have set up will be affected. If you are concerned about this and only want
AD Schema Manager then you can just "regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll" and avoid
installing the Admin Pack.
For more information on the Admin Tools Pack see
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en.
--
Post by Frank Reichenbacher
Installing the Admin Tools Pack will also cause the Schema Manager snapin
be registered.
What does the tool pack contain that isn't contained in Administrative
Tools? Does installing the tool pack install anything over what is already
contained and configured in Administrative Tools? Not knowing what it
contained I was afraid to install it on my server today because it occurred
to me that I might just obliterate everything I've been toiling away on.
Frank
--
Jeff Jones [MS]
Active Directory Administration Tools Development
Microsoft Corporation
rights.
Post by glen
This snap-in isn't listed under Available Standalone
snap-
Post by glen
ins. Any ideas?
.