Locating Domain Controller
sachin.srivastava
2009-11-19 13:59:35 UTC
Hi all,

I am not sure if thats the right place to ask this question. But wil
be very happy for any directions.

I have a domain controller on Windows 2008 as dc.win2k8.com.
I made my WinXP 64 bit to join that domain, which is complete
successful.

Now i have an application which want to create a user on th
domain-controller. something like

which internally uses DsGetDcName function as:

status = DsGetDcName(NULL,
domainname,
NULL,
NULL,
DS_FORCE_REDISCOVERY,
&domainControllerInfo);

When this gets executed, I always get:

status == ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN

I run this as :
newuser.exe dc test testingPWD123
or
newuser.exe dc.win2k8.com test testingPWD123

Note: When i ran the same executable on the DC itself it run fine..

Please help..

Thanks

--
sachin.srivastav
sachin.srivastava's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156240.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
2010-01-04 09:55:34 UTC
Hello sachin.srivastava,

Make sure to use only domain DNS servers on the NICs of all machines, if
no DC/DNS can be located this can be one reason, also you have to use an
account that is able to create a new user in AD.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
Post by sachin.srivastava
Hi all,
I am not sure if thats the right place to ask this question. But will
be very happy for any directions.
I have a domain controller on Windows 2008 as dc.win2k8.com.
I made my WinXP 64 bit to join that domain, which is completed
successful.
Now i have an application which want to create a user on the
http://forums.techarena.in